Tuesday, November 23, 2004
One month ago, I embraced the beginning of the last major examination of my life.
30-plus days later, my computer has been prematurely reinstalled.
In the midst of these hectic days, many things have happened. Unfortunately, my examinations, with the probable exception of Math, have not really gone well. GP wasn't so bad.. I did a repeat of the 1999 Champs League Final, leaving until the last possible minute to finish my essay. Typical Man Utd style. Mcq for sciences has always been a huge problem since I first touched the subject; at least I can say it ended as how it started. Chem and physics paper 2 were massive heartbreaks.. I kissed them fondly, like a mother would bestow her undying love on a beloved child, unwillingly, so desperately yearning for some miracle that would never materialised... Then I let my As for sciences slip away in the moonlight.
Physics paper 3 for tomorrow.. at least I can still salvage something, unlike the other, which I think might drop to a C. Technically, A lvls end on Thurs, but after 1030 tomorrow many will be screaming their lungs out, probably because Physics P5 doesn't help much... That kind of sums up my A lvls.
It's supposed to be the worst month of my life (how many "worst" months do I have, anyway? I lost count somewhere). Yet, without the ill-effects of gaming and playing, I can finally think about how my life is shaping out.. And the end result wasn't that bad. Do results really matter so much? Some dream I had told me I would get ACD, which I don't think might happen.. but if it happens, so what? It's not the end of the world by a long shot. Honestly speaking, there have been 3 major screw-ups in my education history (P4, S3, JC), and all of them turned out to be blessings in major cosmetic disguise... I'm not hinting to the Keeper of Education Results or whatever holy being that I'm screaming for a lousy result sheet.. but you get the idea. The future is a very alien and distant force of nature, something so incomprehensible that we should just.. let it be. Just let everything go and live life as it is.. maybe fate is just directing you to your true path in life. When one bungee jumps, he lets go of everything including his dignity; imagine him trying to fight against the force of gravity. He might succeed, but then again.. maybe not.
Maybe statistics would be more interesting.. look at it this way-
1st MAJOR screw-up
1996 - Jx screws up P4. Ends up in EM1 conditionally. Ends up in 5D when it should be 6B. Screams "It's the end of the ******* world."
Progresses on to 6A due to improvement, which never would have happened if he did well.
6B is damn boring, and they haven't met up in the last few years. 6A98 still going strong.
I must have screamed "It's the end of the ******* world" a million times in the past 18 years, thought I started using letters instead of * about 2 years ago.. The 2nd example wasn't that screwed-up because it was my own unfortunate mistake so I won't spend time expounding on it; I need to study fluids. The 3rd one I refuse to comment because... I REFUSE TO PRAISE S13 ANYMORE. I WASTED 2 ENTRIES ON YOU ALL. AND YOU AREN'T THAT NICE. SO THERE.
And ya, she had something on as usual, though it's real and important, I'm damn disappointed.. No fate I guess, but I won't give up just yet, though it's looking rather bleak now... I absolutely refuse to treat Huiling and Jael to Jay's concert, irregardless of Jael's tehing powers.. 280 dollars down the drain is a heartache though. HAIZ. Lets hope I do well for tomorrow's paper, so I can get the American Club treat from Dr Chan...
It's nice to be back blogging. My language sucks though.
_'Jx]- faded at 1:40 PM