Saturday, December 25, 2004
Christmas arrived about two and a half hours ago.. I was watching Rat Race at Ping's house, or rather napping when it struck midnight. Somehow this year the feeling isn't there; no "HEY! It's CHRISTMAS!" or "Where's Santy Claus?".. There's a phrase I really like - the day when children realise there's no Santa Claus. The time when children face reality for the first time, and realise that what they have always believed in doesn't exist anymore. Parents lie to keep their young ones happy, to preserve the innocence threatened by the course of time.. there was this time when I was told that as long as I was a good boy, and I wished hard enough, my wishes would come true... Firstly, I haven't been a good boy this year; secondly, I stopped believing in some fat old man years ago. But I digress.
Anyway, Merry Christmas to all the people I know. I shall refrain from making cynical and sarcastic remarks about anything, and be jolly for once.. I can remember in sec 3 when we had to use the first letter of our name and describe ourselves; I wrote "Jovial Jiaxuan".. wrote "Just Jiaxuan" in J1, which seemed more apt...
Last year I was on the bed dying of depression.. this year seems to be a little better; just bitterness and nothing else lol.. but seriously I haven't laughed so much since dunno when. My P6 class guys are really jokers, and it's really amazing how we can remain so close after so many years... I can't really fanthom the reason behind it, especially since me and Vic where only with them for half the time. But for once I'm not complaining.. then Yusheng, my classmate for five years from P1 to P5, told us that the 6D, or rather 5DD and 6D people were hoping we'll turn up, which is kinda heart-warming. But hey, the other two don't want to go, so you can't expect me to turn up alone right? Anyway, soccer was more talk than kick, but there was an arrangement for a 6A vs 6D match next week... And then we went to Thomson for lunch.. nothing would have gone wrong if we had gone to play lan or something else, but Wei Xun HAD to drop a guitar and dent it.. had to pay for him, and ya, it's not a christmas present... 700 dollars sia.
Damn tired now. May this Christmas be better than the last. It had better.
_'Jx]- faded at 2:34 AM