> NO info.



Archives

June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
November 2008
December 2008
February 2009
April 2009
May 2009
August 2009
September 2009
November 2009
March 2010
April 2010
July 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
October 2011
November 2011
January 2012
February 2012
April 2012
June 2012


Links to Nowhere

Shuang Han
Jinhui
Ka Yun
Huiling
Wenbin
Jieli
Karseng
Weiwei
NJ03S13


sh00t away


fading

Other infomation here
Designed and made by FsDesigns

Friday, January 21, 2005


First book-out day! And I'm back home!

I was going to post yesterday, but the cpu hanged and hence everything was lost.. but no matter! I'll just write again! Lots of energy to use lol..

After some 12 days of intensive, grueling shitass training and aduse, the wanderer/adventurer has returned to his humble abode, abit bruised internally and externally here and there, but overall safe and sound.. you have no idea how much one misses civilian life until you actually spring out of the gentle embrace of home. We sometimes complain about our surroundings, yet when we finally escape from its evil clutches, one realises its not so evil after all. In fact its great la.. I miss my family, relatives, friends, computer, t-shirts and especially my hair, as well as etc^infinity...




I'M BACK!


Darn it, when I reached home my dear dog didn't recognise me for a moment, before he went into a frenzy, licking my face all over.. Mom was crying when she saw me in uniform lol, probably because I look so thin and gaunt.. Nonetheless its great to be back sia.




FREEDOM!!


Counting the days until book-out day wasn't easy.. it was like numbering the pebbles on the beach one by one. Now I have to not look forward to book-in time..

Darn, thats so freaking tragic I have to pause for a moment and wipe a tear from my suddenly-red-eyes.

Anyway, my first confinement in NS can be described as a tale of 2 weeks.. yep they are so contrasting in nature: 1st week and 2nd week. Things got off to a very slow and demoralising start, so much I was willing to tear off my shirt and swim back to mainland.. I basically hated everything and everyone.

The first 7 days was hell man; I walked about like a dead drug-addict. The training was so rush, yet everything seemed to move forward in slow motion.. like we are doing alot of stuff yet its only about 9 am ya? Waking up at 5 am wasn't that much of a problem, but not being able to sleep was a major headache, literally. As such, I had to endure a whole week of tekaning by the sergeants, who most probably thought I was nothing short of an imbecile.. when wearing our camou helmets, mine was the only one without leaves, beacuse I caouldn't find mine lor.. come one dudes, I can't even see straight, how do you expect me to do anything right? But to be fair, sergeants Suhaimi, Kenneth and Derrick were very nice to us. Kinda miss our section head Samuel, but that can't be helped since the man's clearing leave.. I just couldn't keep up with the pace, and bad luck just hit me in the centre of my forehead.. I lost practically everything that could be lost. I told Warren Liaw, the head officer of my platoon Scorpion 3, that I couldn't adapt at all, so he told me to give it some time. But at that time, I was probably distraughted over the fact that Reubs and Wanyang were in different platoons, and Xianghui was next door. So emotionally affected that my marching was too stiff, my rifle drills so imperfect it looked like a joke, and I refused to talk to my section mates unless absolutely necessary, which is damn awkward since we do everything together. As for the rifle presentation, I basically took it from the Warren instead of pulling forcefully. I failed IPPT, and was appointed toilet IC on my second day.

Whoever thinks holding a gun is cool, go wash and rewire your brain man. The rifle is basically like a female companion, be it wife or girlfriend.. its even worse because if you lose it, you are dead. You can ditch any girl, but being confined disastrous. So much for being Rambo.. so much for being a Man.

It can't get worse.. can it?

We have two buddies assigned to each of us. Jeff is great, good natured and stuff, so we get along pretty well. As for Meng, I can't help cursing my luck. That loser is a total loser.. I was thinking the other day: there are like 200 people in Scorpion company, and there are like 10 000 people on the whole Tekong island. So why me? Why give me the absolute rock-bottom, the shit of the shit, the black sheep of the entire flock? That git is bed 5, and I'm 6.. if only Jeff was 5 instead of 4.. Basically anything that requires pairing up, I'm doomed.

I mean, how bad can it get? Meng is a freaking 18-YEAR-OLD. An adult. How bad can it be?

For a start, I'll rather have my 8-year-old cousin with me than him. At least Jiawei has a brain, even though the little guy is a little small on the side.. Meng has absolutely no common sense, no brains at all. And no consideration for others. For the first few days, that shit spent 1-plus hours SHOWERING after lights-out.. then he comes running in about 11-12am in his underpants, opens his locker which is beside my bed, and starts putting on powder and crap, taking up another 1-plus hour. He makes so much noise and shines his flashlight at my face, causing me to wake in shock and hence being unable to sleep well afterwards. When you wake up everyday around 4-plus, bad sleep can do alot of stuff to your head. I had to report sick to the MO because of sleeping disorder, causing dirty looks from my sergeant.. hence if anyone from my platoon wonders why I screwed up so much for the first week, you now know the answer.

Next: Meng can't wipe his own ass. He requires assistance.

Okay okay, he CAN wipe his own little white ass. But he can't do anything much after. He can't tie his own boots, can't fold his smart-four, can't tie his SBO and pack his field-pack. I had to help him with all that shit, and when I was scolded for being late because of helping him, that farker just looked nonchalent. No thanks at all. No gratitude. He even blames me for not doing a good job. Can you believe that? I stopped talking to him after 5 days, which probably explains why I feel better now. Yesterday during First-Aid test, I was paired with that loser for the first test.. I was supposed to treat him for stomach injury, and I did a pretty good job. The sergeant gave up full marks, and that farker raised his hand and stammered in his good-boy-whinny voice:

"Sergeant, he didn't tie the rope behind me properly."

(-_-")! Wtf?..

Later when Jeff joined us for the third test, I was the patient, and that gay was supposed to help Jeff to tie a sling. He just sat there and stared at us. At the end of it, Jeff was patting me on the shoulder.. if I had failed that easy test I would have castrated and then strangled that bastard there and there.

When we were doing the bashar for field camp, that shit brought all the wrong stuff. And he couldn't lift a finger to help me constructively, instead choosing to hit the peg for 20 minutes.. I had to do everything myself, which is close to impossible. Thus, everyone's tent was okay, and ours was in shambles. And best of all, that gif brought a PONCHO instead of a GROUNDSHEET.. I'm dreading field camp now.

As Fariq, my Malay section mate says, "In war, if we fight together as a section, we must first get rid of the internal threat."

Second week was like a breath of fresh air, probably because my section mates realised that Meng was a stupid git, hence they tried to make life easier. Hence, through this help, I sort of came out of my shell. Teck, Travis, Bong, Andrew, Joshua, Jeff, Ping, Fariq and Chin.. all nice guys. Jinni is also okay, but we don't talk much. Even so, I got on well with the rest of them. Teck is a dotA fanatic; Andrew, Travis, Bong and Fariq soccer freaks. And Jeff loves weiqi. I was like "Wtf, you like weiqi??" More importantly, this helped me to settle down, and thus my marching is smooth now, my rifle drills so much more improved, and the sergeants have stopped picking on me since they know my plight.. maybe S. Kenneth doesn't really like me, but he gave me alot of help in the first few days, so I'm grateful.

Scorpion 3 people are really nice. I didn't talk much to them for the first week, but soon after, it's like everyone knows everyone. And we really help one another and stuff, as well as encourage one another.. now everyone shouts "Meng! Is Meng here?" whenever we gather.. everyone giving me a helping hand is touching to say the least. Maybe they are just doing it to save their own asses, but at they are really nice people, like Alan, Shuqi (a.k.a pornstar), Sebastian, and many many others.

Called home everyday, so it wasn't so bad. However, it was the smses which were most comforting.. some from close friends and others. I just need one from her to light up my day; after it became regular in the second week nothing could bring me down. Maybe there is something? I shouldn't think like that now. She took down her blog after I found it.. maybe she doesn't want me to see it too. That's fine with me. Like skin tissue, we all have something to hide.

Think I'm damn dark now, after working out in the sun. Also, my muscles have grown considerably bigger, and my running is now crazy; I can do 2.4 without breaking into sweat or panting. My six-pack is coming along nicely (I wish).. Most significantly, I know how to take care of myself now. Washing clothes, packing stuff.. it requires fast actions. Maybe army life will be better after the nest book-in. I think in time I will become a more responsible dude, worthy of everyone's respect, including hers.

Singapore won the Tiger Cup sia.. Noh Alam Shah the hero, even though he missed the final. To Leo, Salas and gang, I told you so ya? He's the man. We got to watch to match on Sunday, but I spent the time sleeping instead.

Heard that a few guys got 17 days dentention barracks.. that effectively means unless they are filthy rich, their lives are ruined. Also, saw Chor Ming, Ziqian and Ka Yun at the medical centre looking very sick the other day. Hope they recover fast and take care. There's been alot of coughing and stuff going around lately; think the water is super contaminated. Travis and Mark got high fever, and Zhe Yuan was sent home after he hit 39. As for the 2 other officers-wannabes in my platoon, I shall now laugh at them. Really think being an officer so easy la. Choose between Air-force and Navy somemore, what a joke.

Chicago Bulls have won seven in a row in my absence! Does that hint anything?

Darn my laptop is screwed.. I can't play my original Chelsea anymore. I can't win my UEFA cup final, nor will I know ever whether I can sign Kezman and Emerton. Evil mood now.

In one last parting shot at the army..

I SHALL NEVER SIGN ON! NEVER!

*Army echoes back* "LIKE WE WANT YOU TO LIKE THAT! CHECK OUT THE FARKING MIRROR DUDE! YOU CAN'T DO FREAKING PULL-UPS AND YOUR BICEPS ARE NOT BIG ENOUGH!?! ALSO, CAN YOUR CHEST MUSCLES MOVE HUH? CAN IT??"

...

.. whatever la.

_'Jx]- faded at 5:01 PM