Saturday, January 01, 2005
I know this is excessive and totally a waste of time. But I only have officially SEVEN days left.. so a blog a day to make up for the eminent influx of a huge patch of empty space. It's not that I don't have anything to write; I do. Just that a case of overdoing.
Feeling extremely cynical right now, after a nice new year day watching vcds on the com on day long.. finished half of Yi Tian in the afternoon, then went on to Gundam Seed.. I know I mentioned this a few months back, but I have to say this: Zhang Wuji is one lucky bastard. Can anyone give me a Zhou Zhiruo for my belated Christmas present? I'll be your friend for life, and I won't mind a Zhao Min either. Promise. It got a little boring after a while, after this guy became too powerful and totally invincible.. but hey, better than watching long suffering videos like Korean dramas.. darn, I feel pity for Mr Lovesick Song Qingshu; even his name sounds gay, but who am I to complain anyway? Anyway, I hate to say this, but I feel a slight resemblance regarding our predicaments.. By the way, ah lians may be loose and probably dumb bimbos, but you can't deny they have style.. plus some, not all, can be eye-catching. My cousins are all lians, but unfortunately not in the same class.. saw a few mesmerizing ones during yesterday's pool session, and I played damn badly...
(o.O)!
I cry when I watched touching stuff, even anime.. does that make me a weak guy? Or to put it nicely, a sensitive emotional guy. Anyway, I was all choked up while watching the last few episodes of Gundam Seed.. it's a story about a war between Naturals and Coordinators, which are genetically enhanced humans.. the plot revolves around two Coordinators, childhood friends who find themselves on opposite sides.. Kira fights for the Earth Alliance and the Naturals to protect his Natural friends, while Athrun wants to end the war. In the mean time, it shows how Kira tries to avoid getting involved, while later finding out he is the Ultimate Coordinator, created by sacrificing countless lives to make the greatest fighting machine... rather heart wrenching when you see the personal battle going inside of him; Kira doesn't want to fight, yet he has to. In the mean time, he comes into conflict with his best friend, and sees his comrades fall one by one beside him.. There's one line in the anime I particularly like, coming from the mouth of a evil clone Raul Cruz:
"Humanity will be swallowed by the darkness they created."
It's not the fighting of Gundams that makes the show one to watch; the storyline is a one which does not only base on fiction alone. It's a protrayal of the future of Mankind.. there's this part, a scene where a dialogue is going on.. about how humans want to be better than each other, to be the best in everything.. hence arousing jealously and ventually war. When you think about it, we will never know contentment. Hence, inevitable destruction lies in wait.. Humans are slowly creating their own destiny, one which does not include themselves in the distant future... Anyway, the music is almost magical, while the characters seem to be alive, with their feelings and thoughts.. In case anyone's wondering, the SEED actually means people with special destiny. It follows the theory that in extreme situations, one can find additional strength within himself, when he is fighting a battle he cannot lose..
Have you ever realised, one finds more purpose fighting for the cause of a love one, compared to himself..
Food for thought...
_'Jx]- faded at 11:15 PM