Thursday, February 10, 2005
Feels abit weird, blogging about what happened yesterday, especially since yesterday was 4 mins ago. But no matter.. it was routine stuff anyway.
Relatives come my house to bai nian, then go my paternal grandma's house, then to my grandaunt's, then to my granduncle's.. it happens the same way every year. Except this year I'm in NS, which of course gives ammo to the older ones.. I can't complain too much anyway, since they are doing it out of concern and nothing else. Haven't exactly counted my money yet, and I don't intend to.
Was slacking comfortably on the couch when it suddenly strucked me that I was supposed to be at City Hall Interchange by 7.. for some mini class gathering which some people didn't even bother to turn up. Jael, Huiling, Serene, Baofei and her sis, Weiwei, plus Reubs, me and Taffy. What a great turn-out. So much for SJI class spirit.. Surprisingly it was quite okay. Talked quite abit en route to the funfair, and Taffy wasted five bucks just to win a colouring set.
Well, 5/350 isn't so bad. I wasted four bucks on the girls lol.
I don't really like fireworks. Personally I detest loud sounds and bright colours.. but squirming in front of everyone wasn't an ideal solution.
The chocolate at Pacific nearly killed me.. couldn't talk properly for more than five seconds. But somehow it was nice to see the girls again. Kinda miss their aunty talk, and the way they bitch about everything under the sun.. still remembered how revolted I was last year, yet now it seems all so distant. Things will never be the way they used to be, and neither will we don the grey uniform again. Felt funny being an adult for the first time, and financially vulnerable at the amount of train fare..
"Surreal" was the wrong word. Shocking would be a more apt descriptive.. followed by stunned, and then skepticism. I sense something afoot somehow.. she's been playing this game with me for the past year..
I am running, chasing her, and she's always ahead of me. Sometimes I have a sudden burst of speed, rapidly gaining ground on her.. she turns around and smiles wickedly, daring me to go forward. Yet when I can almost touch her shoulder, she disappears. I fall down, rolling in a heap.. Again.
I jump up and spin around, like always, searching for her shadow, though in my heart I know I will never find it close to mine. Then, she appears, some distance in front of me. I can see her teeth, shining playfully in a grin that is so agonisingly teasing..
Wearily, I take a deep breath, and the chase continues...
So much for thinking what flowers to buy. Or even giving her the jade pendant.
If the attempt fails this time, I shall remain on my knees..
_'Jx]- faded at 1:04 AM