> NO info.



Archives

June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
November 2008
December 2008
February 2009
April 2009
May 2009
August 2009
September 2009
November 2009
March 2010
April 2010
July 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
October 2011
November 2011
January 2012
February 2012
April 2012
June 2012


Links to Nowhere

Shuang Han
Jinhui
Ka Yun
Huiling
Wenbin
Jieli
Karseng
Weiwei
NJ03S13


sh00t away


fading

Other infomation here
Designed and made by FsDesigns

Sunday, February 06, 2005


Now back at home, everything that happened in the past two weeks seems like a dream. Not exactly a nightmare, but neither can it be considered anything close to sweet.

Today marks the 47th anniversary of the Munich tragedy, when Manchester United lost nearly their entire team. Read the article in the papers today, and I must admit I felt tears well up in my eyes.. who would have thought that after so much incidents, Man Utd would rise up 10 years later and realise their dreams. The 1999 triumph was sweet, but I feel that nothing beats the 1968 European Cup. We love Beckham, Giggs and Keane, but alongside legends like Best, Charlton and Law, they pale in comparison.. I've been wondering since a few years ago what could have been if Duncan Edwards had survived.

Edwards makes Rooney look like a wimp.

With my mind more refreshed after a rest, some snippets have found their way back through my sea of thoughts.. insignificant to some extent, yet to me worth remembering.

Like for example, ever since a small spat over that faggot whose name I refuse to mention, Joshua and I have never really spoken or agreed on anything.. there's always this mental barrier, sort of the problems I encountered in my J1 life, when it starts out small, but enlarges everyday if one refuses to face it.. It was the fifth day of camp, and by coincidence Josh was feeling the urge to pee. Rather awkward at first, but the business at hand was too pressing.

As we were walking silently in the wrong direction, Josh suddenly said:

"Are you angry with me?"

Sometimes, its this direct method which works the best. We should settle it like men, instead of wayanging it till everything becomes complicated. Of course I said no, and then we went on to discuss the problem of The One..

Discussion in the dark is always the best. Some say that facial expressions are important in communication, but I personally disagree. To me, the most important thing is the topic at hand.. Also, if you haven't noticed, we can change our frowns and smiles with the greatest of ease. We can't, however, keep our feelings out of our voices. When angry, our voices are either louder, or cold and menacing.. it is impossible to prevent tremours from disrupting our tones when feeling sad or disappointed.. In the book Danny, the Champion of the World, Roald Dahl mentioned that you can only tell another's emotions through his eyes. Ever wondered why I detest people who perpetually smile all the time? Its all pirated, pure and simple.

Anyway, in the dark, we went the wrong direction, and were promptly caught by the warren officer, who was making a phone call.. being an Indian, can you blame us if we couldn't see him? I think he realised that, hence was rankled enough to actually bring up the issue during briefing. The almost exact words he used are:

"And also, I don't want to see you guys pee where you all are not supposed to pee! See that road over there? That is not your peeing area. Your peeing area is furthering on *points towards some direction vaguely* there, and there are red lights to show you the way. I don't want to see anyone doing it anywhere else, clear? Like two cuckoos I caught just now, going there! Clear?"

Blah blah blah.. Indians do talk alot.

Another time, about 10 hours later, PS and S Samuel were inspecting our near-perfectly dug fire trench, together with Warren Liaw, who had since taken a strong interest in the affairs of our section.. We had to use a huge shovel to smack the sand bags down at the side.. PS was looking on with great interest, and he cut in once or twice to correct us. When one of the last sand bags was ready to be hit, he took the shovel. We looked at him with expectant eyes.

To my horror, he turned to me and said:

"Ho. Take it."

I didn't have any choice, did I? So I wrought the evil looking tool with my tired fingers, and smacked down. Hard. PS kept telling me to hit harder, telling me to pretend it was my fiercest enemy and stuff.. of course I was trying my best, so I pretty much ignored him and concentrated on my task at hand.. until I heard something like this:

"Bad Meng! Bad Meng!"

I admit now that words can't describe everything. You need to be there.. it was hilarious. All of us were laughing so much our backs ached, and PS was saying "You didn't hear me say anything arh." Damn joker lol..

Later, when we finished the trench, S Samuel called Meng over and told him to get his arse inside the 1.5 metre deep hole, and squat down with his eyes closed.. the rest of us were stupified at his instructions, until when my far-from-dear buddy did exactly what he was told, S Samuel said with a wicked and rare grin on his face:

"The rest of you get your ET sticks and blades ready."

=D

Sadly, the prospect of confinement and court martial prevented us from commiting murder.

Its small little incidents like this which sort of livens up the camp.. tiny things which have little impact on the situations at hand, but are etched in one's memory forever.. like, I can never forget how S Samuel told us about his childhood enjoyments.. according to him, he frequently caught praying mantises and fed them with grasshoppers. When the mantis in his hand starts feeling totally happy and at ease while muching the head of the squirming grasshopper, my sergeant would cut of his head. Damn sadist sia.. I'll rather do without that kind of childhood.

Haiz, I'm booking in later, but not without first having dinner with my section mates.. wondering if I should ask her out for lunch during this break, especially since 14 Feb is coming up. Somehow I think she will agree, yet on the other hand I don't fancy my chances.. might the hint and smell of commitment be too strong? Was talking to my friend last night, and she said she thinks I'm in a good position. Why can't all girls think alike, so that I can have a gauge of what to expect? But speaking of that, my attitude has been suspect too; I fall asleep always in the middle of messaging. Wonder if she waited for my reply.. if she did I'm screwed. Somehow I'm always so livened up by her encouragements and teasing, though I felt a little pissed when she laughed at my meagre paycheck..

I'll try my luck. As PC always says, "If you ask, you might get it. If you don't ask, you'll never get it."

Another thing. I've been wanting to debate this for a while.. alot of people have been acting poser-ish and stating on their blogs that "its totally useless to put song lyrics on one's blog", and stuff like "its damn irritating", and worse still urging others not to follow what they call a "loser trend". Its times like this when I feel that vulgarities are too mild to convey what I have in mind.. if you like a song, you like the tune and the lyrics. Whats with the "if they're interested, they will look for the songs themselves"? Firstly, you do it for yourself, not for them. Secondly, can't you just make it more convenient for your visitors? Totally senseless arguments, and they don't sound cool at all..

Damn my back hurts. Hope it heals before New Year comes knocking on the door..

_'Jx]- faded at 1:33 PM