> NO info.



Archives

June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
November 2008
December 2008
February 2009
April 2009
May 2009
August 2009
September 2009
November 2009
March 2010
April 2010
July 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
October 2011
November 2011
January 2012
February 2012
April 2012
June 2012


Links to Nowhere

Shuang Han
Jinhui
Ka Yun
Huiling
Wenbin
Jieli
Karseng
Weiwei
NJ03S13


sh00t away


fading

Other infomation here
Designed and made by FsDesigns

Wednesday, March 23, 2005


Our specialist course doesn't exactly start until next week. Hence, we have lots of waiting time for us to indulge in mindless activities. However, there's a glitch; we aren't allowed to do anything except whisper. I closed my eyes for a few seconds and was immediately appointed area-cleaning IC.

There's nothing like a kaobei-ing session to start a friendship.. at least between guys, that is. If there is no common interest involved, or two parties just finding it hard to break the ice, complaining and cursing a particular subject removes all barricades.. I know it sounds childish and stupid, but girls have their gossip sessions too. I made a new friend this afternoon in the lecture room, and then another on the bus ride home.. yea, complaining about the long journey always unites. I mean, as little boys in tight shorts, we used to squeal alot about superheroes and power rangers anyway.. helps alot in differentiating:


Small boy 1: "Hey do you think that green ranger sucks?"

Small boy 2: "Ya lor! I think so also! I think he dunno how to fight one. Like so girly. Red ranger more cool right?" *expectant look*

Small boy 1 *beaming*: "Wah, I like red ranger too! Set, you're my new best friend!"

Small boy 2 *beaming too*: "Set!"

A beautiful friendship is born..


... a bit juvenile.. but if we're like that girls must be worse.

The cursing is colourful but not the focal point of our discussion. The important thing was that we finally convinced ourselves that armour specialists were SUPERIOR to SISPEC people:


1) "Combat pay is higher than service pay."

- .. so what? SISPEC people spend so much time outfield, most of their pay is used up on camou cream anyway.

2) "SISPEC guys will all be sergeants at the end of their course. They OUTRANK service people."

- And then? Remain third sergeants for the majority? Sheesh, what an honour; I'm totally bowled over.. but then, service sergeants rise rank faster because we have more courses.

3) "Combat people have more prestige because they hold guns AND they drive the tanks we are maintaining."

- Spanner vs Rifle.. so? I unplug one screw from your tank and get an invitation to your funeral.

4) "SISPEC people look more fit, and are possibly also stronger too."

- I get my tan in the swimming pool and work out in an air-con gym. The field and trees and mimosa bushes are all yours. Enjoy.

5) "Other units, especially SISPEC people, look down on service specialist."

- Tell that to Master Yeo. I won't dare to.


Minus all the suffering and going home weepings, and SISPEC people don't look so tough anymore.. So shucks to them.

I'll rather be there though.

Blacklisted today for the condition of my boots.. Seriously, I think placing such emphasis on boots is amusing to say the least. It will surely get dirty at the end of the day, so why are the sergeants so particular.. I guess I'll have to polish it again later.. SSM's discipline hard line has caught us cold; I think we weren't taking him seriously enough. But he's a nice guy actually. So are the 1st sergeants.. the fat one might be a little too sarcastic on the side, but I think it's more for amusement than anything else.. Sergeant Yip, who's in charge of class B; my class, is a really nice chap. It's really too early to tell actually.. maybe when the course starts we will have different views altogether. Today was a total waste of time studying safety; we can just bring home to read ourselves ya? And I got caught by fat sergeant for trying to slack my way through..

I know the person who called 2nd sergeant a cok is seriously at fault.. such insolence. But sometimes you can't help but wonder how he got his stripes.. I can't imagine sergeant Suhaimi, Kenneth or Derrick making these elementary mistakes.. even Nio got them right. And Nio's a big cok.

Tried the 166 way home and failed miserably.. and Shi Da's dad doesn't start driving till the week after next. Hence, it's gonna be a miserable time..

_'Jx]- faded at 8:44 PM