Saturday, September 03, 2005
There's a class gathering today. For once I have a valid reason for not turning up, and damn, I wish I didn't. Lying or giving lame excuses leaves a bitter taste in the mouth, but at least the present issue is avoided temporarily. Simply loathe the escapism theory, but you can't deny I'm good at it. Like, some stuff that needs to be tidied and settled, but I'll just toss it on my bed and close the door. And hope my mom walks in, shakes her head in disbelief, and then proceeds, in resignation, to clear the mess.Unfortunately, my mom can't clear up life issues. At least not the way she used to be able to.Could have gone swimming, then soccer with some old TCHS pals, then to class gathering. But I'm booking in later. Booking in on a Saturday night. I'm so sian it hurts.It's been a riot week. The thought of taking leave for Teacher's Day did cross my mind.. but it turned out that next week Archer's going outfield. Hence all the A-mechs are down. We even worked OT yesterday.. while the drivers took leave. I'm not prejudiced against drivers. I don't want to raise another debate, hear those valid reasons and sympathize with their pains. But it just sort of settles the workshop/company line issue.My IC called me a cokster. I said "whatever".I remember watching this Southpark episode "Cartman's hate crime", where some racial issues were raised. About hate-crime laws implemented to protect coloured people, which indirectly segregates the masses even more.Compassion can be a savage hypocrisy.It's just my opinion. But I think that sympathy votes serve no purpose. I mean, if you voted for a visually-handicapped because you admired his courage, I seriously doubt that. I mean, what courage are you guys talking about? He's got nothing to lose. He can't see you guys laughing at him. What's so brave about that? It's more probable that you voted for him because you felt it was your duty to. Because you tried to replace the advantage lost to him. To appease your conscience. Fairy tales are the stuff of imaginations. I guess everyone's longing for more of these magical miracles.This is probably going to be uber-offensive. But it's just an opinion:The reason why man has progressed so far, from scraggy cavemen to the universally-assumed more sophisticated gentlemen we are now, is because we exercise elimination. We remove the weak, and favour the strong. By giving the handicapped second chances, opportunities for them.. we're just lowering our standards. I honestly think that others sang better, are better-looking, and possess more star power. In essence, a star's image. Isn't that what we're looking for? A star. Not really organising a charity event anyway; there's NKF to act out that particular show. Andrea Bocelli? I'm ashamed to compare, even in jest. And I especially couldn't stand the part, when our superstar was asked to given the chance to thank his fans. I can't believe he actually rushed the thanking part, and instead repeated pleaded for "more calls and smses." So much for the "competition doesn't matter" and "experience is more important". Especially his facial expression. The look of desperation was such a turn-off. You've got to admire the old aunties. Xiaxue sure is one heck of a thick skin woman.Honestly, the losing finalists of both genres deserved to be in the final itself. Why don't we want a perfect star? He can be handicapped. But his conduct and image must be present. I felt it was a farce.The above was incoherent. But yea, that's how I feel. Waiting to be sued and verbally abused. By legions of compassionate guys. 2 words. "Go away".
_'Jx]- faded at 2:47 PM