Saturday, October 08, 2005
The last I saw of the vehicle shed was an picture splattered with oil and diesel. An ominous sign, one that could spell the end of Staff Heng's blood vessels. I don't really want blood on my hands, but some things are inevitable.Especially since we kind of screwed up the entire company in his absence. And Archer was pretty run-down in the first place, so we're pretty good to improve on that.I don't know how we did it, but we succeeded. It's that bad.I'm shaking in my pants here?More updates on NS stuff; Never a pleasant issue to touch on, but it seems necessary somehow.The whole workshop's moving over to Support COY. HQ CSM's finally decided to ditch us, and reinstating his own HQ staff seems to be his first move. Honestly, the reason for not using the arrangement in the first place still eludes us. I mean, the dude hates us for escaping his disciplinary measures, missing his stand-by-area-inspections. His tolerance seems uncalled for; we don't really care for it either. BWO-Sir's found bunks for us anyway.It's funny how things are turning out. Leo and Xianghui are in S COY; so is Ka Yun. It's going to be fun living in the same building. And by sheer coincidence, my old senior Zhang Rui's the sergeant there. So is Joel, a really ancient ghost from the past. And I really mean ancient. I knew him since I was six, but it seems like we never met before. It's so long ago, I can't really remember what we actually did as pals. Except some dino show which we enjoyed immensely, I guess as pre-primary dudes we couldn't do much more. In some sense, it's rather sad. 13 years is a long time.And yea, we've got a TV in out bunk. It's totally wicked. Imagine not sharing that box with a whole bunch of smelly HQ personnel.I got my new shoes stolen. Barely 2 months with the canvas on my feet, and some bastard's stolen into the night with them. I didn't report the theft, since it was gone long before I came back to bunk. Somehow, I feel I should have at least told the CSM, but that would just give rise to another wayang show of searching which would yield nothing but further wastage of time. Being financially handicapped is so not fun. Money is not the most important thing in life. I would rate it way higher.
_'Jx]- faded at 12:18 AM