Sunday, November 27, 2005
It's an indescribable feeling, this being at home without any trace of military existance. Ya la, I know.. got to book in later again. But at least there's SOME time to enjoy.I can't believe this week's over. It's been nothing but a long, extended nightmare. Outfield from Sun to Tues was dreadful; everything that could possibly go wrong went worse. There was this incident, when we found an SM1 stuck in the ditch, half submerged, with it's crew seated atop in a miserable state. Being unable to drag it out of the bog, a distress signal was immediately sent to two other tanks. One got stuck the moment it arrived; the other came with an air of bravado, and promptly threw track the moment it stopped beside the initial victim. To compound my misery, my IC shouted at me for something which I was right, and he was wrong. I have no idea how the situation could deteriorate, but miracles do happen. Or rather, disasters appear when one least expects it. My IC was replaced by a temporary one, who proved to be an imbecile. More vehicles broke down, the rain got heavier, and more often than not, I found myself knee deep in the mud.While I slogged to up the tanks, the other qualified technician basically slept and wayang-ed his way through the remainder of the two days. I shudder to think of our difference in rank and pay.The rain was so heavy I thought I was in the showers.Just got back from guard duty actually. I did one on Thurs, and got another one on Sat. Basically they just burnt two of my weekends, and all I got was a half-day off tomorrow, and because I needed to tighten my braces. I'm inclined to think being an EMMIS clerk is not possible anymore. IC's prejudice at JC students isn't solely directed at me after all. Yi Hong's having a rough time too, and KJaw might be leaving, barely 2 weeks after he just arrived.. Ah Heng's back in full force, and though his Lycan and Razor leaves much to be desired, I can't help but do a little jig of joy at my 2IC's return.Guess it's not my lack of sleep. But it seems she likes someone else now. I'm not being paranoid; she does. It was inevitable, but I never thought it would really happen. Always kept my fingers crossed, hoping she would still be there at the end of the road. But apparently I've overshot my time, and she's nowhere to be found.Should I be sad? Or just resign myself to this outcome which I couldn't, or didn't want to control? Learnt one thing though, and that's if you want something, you've got to fight for it.And I didn't fight hard enough.
_'Jx]- faded at 10:33 AM