Sunday, November 06, 2005
Sunday. Booking in tonight without accomplishing anything significant in the past week. I feel as though I've been living incognito for the last few days. There was the best-forgotten guard duty, a lan session that went badly courtesy of a few angry, well-choiced words.. a failed trip to Queensway where all the seven/eight shops I visited all failed to produce the size of a particular designed shoe I had my eye on since July. It's practically a week of well-worked failures which threatens to ruin my resolve. Actually holding true to my word that I'll become a better person is one thing, but not having the best of situations to change is another. Hence, I do not know what to conclude.Lil' messy. Like a child's drawing scraped over a piece of paper.It's been going on for some time now. But I feel rather detached from my camp people. There's seldom any place, where everyone is following the same frequency and I choose not to. Just my luck it happens when friends are seriously all one can depend on in camp.I take my first tentative steps, one hand holding the railing, the other grasping the burning torch firmly. I can feel their eyes fixed on my back, yet silence presides.As my foot reaches the other end, one of them calls out:"Dude, you sure you don't want to be with us?"Turned slightly. Looked at them, their faces masks of confusion, some etched with disappointment. And slowly, I shake my head, before throwing the fiery weapon on the bridge. Trifle dramatic. How about this:A Bridge in TimeIn the span of a lifetimeI pause for a momentWhen friendships are won or lostTo see parasitic fiendsAnd transient dreamsOn a bridge which you and I crossed.
As I burn the bridge downI pause for a momentAnd see a friend that I left in the pastShe seems so long goneBut it's the same old songWhen the die of my life has been cast.
With my soul on trialI pause for a momentFor I must leave you alone on this isleI'll remember you whenI am needing a friendAnd my memory will conjure your smile.I realise if I keep holding on to something that will never materialise in the near future, I probably burst my head sooner or later. Or drown in the bitter tears of my misery. And if it spirals out of my control, I can hardly blame myself, can I?
_'Jx]- faded at 1:17 PM