Sunday, February 05, 2006
I think the statement "nothing beats being yourself" is kinda understated. As in whoa! there are contradictions (imitation is the best form of flattery etc).. but we don't need too many of the same people. It's better if they are none the same. If there are even the exact same people in the first place. So by doing this, I've just successfully digressed once again, which I'm sure no other person does on a consistent basis, hence proving my originality, which ultimately equates to a big big (-.-"'). Anyway, picking up the pieces of this wreckage, I'm gonna sound like Cal here but bo bian, but hey Cal's a great dude! I guess we're never in the position to actually judge anyone, anyone, even really-bad-nuts like Annabel Chong. What each individual wants, is for he and himself, and himself only. What A needs might not be good for B, and vice versa; it's all about perception. Okay I need a real-life example: Reubs always had a knack for doing integration after changing all the tan, cos, sec and stuff. After imposing his method on me I managed to slash 10 marks off my score, leaving me about 20.. my point is, though I've screwed it up beyond my own recognition, everyone should just see the beauty in each other and be happy.
Long winded and I can't really see my argument anywhere (at least from above) so I'm going to try again. ARGH I'm not sure if I should say it I can't say it I shouldn't say it BUT I'm fine with gays. I am DEFINITELY NOT a homophobe, at least not of free-will. I think homosexuals are perfectly cool people heh, really. Seriously. As in, if guys like girls, and girls like guys, why can't guys like guys, and girls like girls. Perfectly sound logic. It's people, small-minded people, who just mess the whole situation up. The balance of nature blah blah blah.. sometimes some people are not sensitive and tactful enough. And I'm sorry to say, I'm one of them.. I mean, friendship is all about accepting each other's flaws, and being there for each other. Sounds so hypocritical and stuff, but I can say I know people who treat me in such a way, and being the ignorant twerp I am (sometimes), it's just.. not repaying their good faith. It's not about God or anything religious in any sense. If behaviour is adhered to cater to His requirements, I don't see the point of living at all. It's no difference than working like a horse for Mr Straw. No loving mother or father would ever want to control his or her children in such a manner. Instead of being afraid of offending Him ("I must be nice to other children and not break their legs 'cos He will not like it, and thus I have sinned"), try something else ("I must be nice to all people and not hurt them because I don't want them to feel pain"). Add a little human touch, and it'll go something like "I don't like pain, so please don't appear. In any form at all".
Oh dear. I really don't know anything else to say. Just wish the word "antigay" never came up. Talk about spouting trash =(
Once every few years I'll go into a mp3 frenzy, and the mood's here again. Chinese mp3s are not easy to find, even harder to keep. And not many people are keen to update their store anyway. Leeched a few from Sok yesterday; her connection speed is awesome! for some weird reason, and unfortunately she's the only one I know of with a mass mandarin mp3 database. Tried to return the favour, though I failed (meagre number standing at 63). One way transfers are never nice.
Must leech more! For once the traffic's going my way =)
After a constant consistent attempt to view Brokeback Mountain, amid rave reviews from some sensible people, I tried to feel touched and really entralled by the storyline unfolding in front of me, and somehow it didn't happen. I know, because I alt-tab-ed to watch Southpark's Follow The Egg, also about gay issues. Southpark's always been spastic, but this episode takes the cake (Mrs/Mr? Garrison: "But you can't get married! You're FAGGOTS!") Maybe I should try watching the movie. Or watch the trailer again when it's not 3 am in the morning. It's R21, so there's the element of enticement.
Gay means happy, queer means weird, and faggots are just maggots spelled wrongly. It's quite common, really.
Sensitivity and compassion.. that's something else. I've increased the font size.
_'Jx]- faded at 12:27 AM